In preparation for tomorrow’s re-release of A Scarlet Fury with Booktrope, I wanted to share the music. If you want a chance to win giveaways, chat with a bunch of fabulous authors, and have fun, then please drop by the Facebook event.
Every song for A Scarlet Fury was carefully chosen. They fit the scenes in my head and the characters perfectly. I could write an essay about all of them but I think only a few people would actually enjoy that, LOL! (Feel free to hit me up in an email or message me on social media if you are one of those few. We can chat for ages *grin*)
Here are the top eight songs from the soundtrack I love with all my heart.
1. Somewhere (Featuring Anneke Van Giersbergen) by Within Temptation
The book starts with Madalaina in a tight spot. She’s in need of serious help.
Lost in the darkness
Hoping for a sign
Instead there’s only silence
Can’t you hear my screams?
I’ll find you somewhere
I’ll keep on trying
Until my dying day
2. Marathon by Junkie XL
Fierceness, rage, an unwillingness to quit until death. Cleary, Varian, and Bastian are the guys you want on a rescue mission. It isn’t a job, it’s family. You don’t take from them without forfeiting your life.
3. Hell and High Water by Black Stone Cherry
There was one particular lyric that screamed Cleary to me.
I could lose the damn war all by myself if you were on the other side.
He’s a dedicated kind of guy.
4. Hurricane by Ms Mr
A very Madalaiana song. She doesn’t get what Cleary sees to make him want more.
Welcome to the inner workings of my mind
So dark and foul I can’t disguise
Nights like this
I become afraid
Of the darkness in my heart
What’s wrong with me
Why not understand and see
I never saw
What you saw in me
5. Stardust by Gemini Syndrome
A very Cleary song. He’s not blind, Mads flaws and the wounds left over from her trials are visible to him but he’s all in.
I know this place
It smells like innocence lost
We left the traces of the sins we bought
But I wouldn’t change a thing
It’s just a waking dream
Look at the wake
From the stardust pouring from your eyes
It’s no mistake
You are perfect
You are perfect in my mind
And you won’t fade away
6. Men of Honor by Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson
The scene is heartbreaking but needed to have a powerfully respectful feel to it. I wanted there to be a sense of sacrifice, love, gratitude, and sorrow.
7. I Will Stay by We Are The Fallen
For all you #CainaWinter fans
If all of the days have no more light,
And all of our dreams are lost tonight,
The stars can all fall
And everything turns to grey,
I will stay.
The reflection of the perfect moment between Mads and Cleary.
BTSK by Ms Mr
It doesn’t make us strong
It doesn’t make us weak
Tongue tied disservice
Like shy pre-teens
I could only breathe
Live to believe
It didn’t come easy I’m glad it was hard
Worth the wait to give you my heart
Big teeth small kiss
I turn to wax and melt like this
Melt like this
I found you in pieces you’d been torn apart
A million one reasons to end before you start
But deep down I knew
No matter what in the end, it’d be me and you
You and me
We have it made
We have it made
Caress my knees with your tongue
Teeth on my waist I come undone
It’s those hours in the night just before a light
Run your hand down my spine
We kiss the dusk goodnight
Hear them all on this YouTube playlist
- Somewhere (Featuring Anneke Van Giersbergen) by Within Temptation
- Away from Me by Evanesence
- Marathon by Junkie XL
- Safe and Sound by Madilyn Bailey
- Hell and High Water by Black Stone Cherry
- Broken Pieces by Apocalyptica
- Edge of the World by Within Temptation
- Hurricane by Ms Mr
- Hate it When You See Me Cry by Halestorm
- Falling Fast by Avril Lavigne
- Stardust by Gemini Syndrome
- The Other Side by Evanesence
- Scarlet by In This Moment
- Stay (feat. Merethe Soltvedt) by Two Steps from hell & Thomas Bergerson
- BTSK by Ms Mr
- Red Sorrow by Audiomachine
- I will not bow by Breaking Benjamin
- Through the Ghost by Shinedown
- I Will Stay by We Are The Fallen
- Men of Honor by Two Steps from hell & Thomas Bergerson
- Counting Stars by OneRepublic
- All of Me (Tiesto’s Birthday Treatment Remix – Radio Edit) by John Legend